Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/05/06 13:17:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons RDF 0.1.0-incubating RC1

Hello

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache
Commons RDF 0.1.0-incubating, composed by:

* commons-rdf-api 0.1-incubating
* commons-rdf-simple 0.1.0-incubating

A candidate for the Commons RDF 0.1.0 release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/commonsrdf/0.1.0-incubating/

The release candidate is based on the sources tagged as 0.1.0-incubating at:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git

Release artifacts are signed with the keys available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/commonsrdf/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1094

The changelog for this version is available from JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316620&version=12332056

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Commons RDF
0.1.0-incubating. The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a
majority of at least three +1 Commons RDF PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: sergio.fernandez@redlink.co
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons RDF 0.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Good checking, Andy, agree on all points, particularly on including
the commit ID in the the [VOTE].

So a -1 from me, I'm afraid.

I'm surprised LICENSE and NOTICE was missing - not to mention that
pom.xml.releaseBackup was included!

It seems the Apache Commons parent pom is breaking many things that we
would expect to work from the Apache super parent (e.g. which worked
out of the box for me in Apache Taverna), particularly around
multi-module builds. With time we should look at how to suggest fixes
for this in the Commons parent - perhaps many plugin settings there
pre-date what you now "get for free" from the Apache parent.

I have removed the older
./api/src/main/resources/commons-rdf-class-diagram.png which is no
longer referenced.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons RDF 0.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Sorry - at the moment: