Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/26 19:09:39 UTC

[VOTE] HBase 2.3.5 release candidate (RC1) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,

hbase-2.3.5RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.5

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.5RC1:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.5RC1

This tag currently points to git reference

  fd3fdc08d1cd43eb3432a1a70d31c3aece6ecabe

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md

and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.5RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1439/

Artifacts were signed with the 0x117C835E key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,

Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] HBase 2.3.5 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
+ 1 (non-binding)

        * Signature: ok

        * Checksum : ok

        * Rat check (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn clean apache-rat:check

        * Built from source (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn clean install  -DskipTests

        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn package -P runSmallTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

Put the release at a 15 node cluster (3 masters, 12 region servers). Run
ITBLL to insert 3 Billions' rows, it succeeded.

Re: [VOTE] HBase 2.3.5 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Signature and hash look good.
Built from tag, ran small tests, ran hbase standalone, poked around, loaded
1M rows, verified all rows are there.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pankaj!

Update:

With five (5) binding +1 votes, and two (2) nonbinding +1 vote, and no 0 or
-1 votes, this vote passes.

Posted by Pankaj Kumar <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_292): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_292): ok

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] HBase 2.3.5 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked both the release notes and changes. Below the output from the vote script

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

From: Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 9:24 PM
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <de...@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] HBase 2.3.5 release candidate (RC1) is available

+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_171): ok
- mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_171): ok
- mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Nightly builds look great
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_171): failed
- mvn package -P runAllTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:94 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:94 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 3: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:94 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 4: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:94 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[INFO]
[WARNING] Flakes:
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush.testBatchPut_whileNoRowLocksHeld
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush>TestHRegion.testBatchPut_whileNoRowLocksHeld:1583 Metrics Counters should be equal expected:<17631> but was:<17630>
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS
[INFO]
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.TestReplicationTrackerZKImpl.testGetListOfRegionServers
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestReplicationTrackerZKImpl.testGetListOfRegionServers:133 expected:<1> but was:<2>
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (11.0.10): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D hadoop.profile=3.0
        * Built from source (11.0.10): ok
         - mvn clean install -D hadoop.profile=3.0 -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (11.0.10): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests -D hadoop.profile=3.0
-Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

Note that I have a cursed machine that fails reliably on TestHeapSize, for
both this RC and 2.3.4, running the exact same JVM version as the above run
(from my laptop). However, I cannot repro this failure on other hosts, nor
do I see it in Jenkins, AND it also fails on the earlier release, so I
don't believe it to be a regression with this RC.

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.TestHeapSize.testNativeSizes

[ERROR]   Run 1: TestHeapSize.testNativeSizes:132 expected:<72> but was:<64>
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestHeapSize.testNativeSizes:132 expected:<72> but was:<64>
[ERROR]   Run 3: TestHeapSize.testNativeSizes:132 expected:<72> but
was:<64>
[ERROR]   Run 4: TestHeapSize.testNativeSizes:132 expected:<72> but
was:<64>

[INFO]
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.TestHeapSize.testSizes

[ERROR]   Run 1: TestHeapSize.testSizes:333 expected:<160> but was:<152>

[ERROR]   Run 2: TestHeapSize.testSizes:333 expected:<160> but was:<152>
[ERROR]   Run 3: TestHeapSize.testSizes:333 expected:<160> but was:<152>
[ERROR]   Run 4: TestHeapSize.testSizes:333 expected:<160> but was:<152>

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok