Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Paul Tremblett <pt...@swva.net> on 2010/04/03 00:23:39 UTC

Question on FileAdaptor

I was wondering what the reason was behind assigning the default package scope to the member variable toWatch and to the method sendFile.

Thanks,
Paul Tremblett

Re: Question on FileAdaptor

Posted by Paul Tremblett <pt...@swva.net>.
It was more a curiosity question that arose as I was reading the code. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands :-)

Re: Question on FileAdaptor

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
I think the reason they're not private/protected is to make it easier
to write test cases that inspect the values of those variables.

There was no reason to make them public, since normally adaptors are
only managed via the fairly narrow Adaptor interface.