Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de> on 2003/05/07 17:15:07 UTC

MetadataException in rc3

Hi,

just playing around with rc3 (used rc1 up to now), I encountered a strange
problem with the internal tables.
When I start my fresh rc3 app (really simple test), and OJB reads in the
metadata of the internal tables, it generates a MetadataException for the
very first field (table OJB_HL_SEQ, field tableName):

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Exception
when reading metadata information, please check your repository.xml
file: Try to set unkown field 'access' value: null

When I debug OJB, then I can trace that to an OjbRuntimeException
generated by FieldDescriptor.setAccess which gets called with a null
argument. The call is in RepositoryXmlHandler, line 338. As this part
definitly has changed from rc1, I wonder if there is some problem with the
XML parsing (the DTD clearly states "readwrite" as the default value for
the access attribute, but that does not seem to be used here).

Any ideas ?

Tom