Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com> on 2011/10/03 21:11:23 UTC

fdt file format

I'm trying to understand the .fdt file format and seem to have run into some
discrepancies between the documentation and the actual format.

Near the start of the file, there are some bytes that don't match up with the
description at http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_2_0/fileformats.html#Fields. It
looks like perhaps there is a magic number at the start of the file, followed by
some other stuff. Is the documentation missing something about this? Or, could
someone point me in the direction of where in Lucene this file is parsed/read?

-Michael

RE: fdt file format

Posted by Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>.
> After those 4 bytes it should match?

Thanks. Yup, seems to match after that.

-Michael

Re: fdt file format

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Look at src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/FieldsWriter.java

It looks like the file format docs don't specify the 4 byte (int,
value=3, big-endian I think) header we write.

After those 4 bytes it should match?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com