Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> on 2008/12/04 10:06:33 UTC

ClassNotFound: MailboxManagerMailRepository

Hi,

I am running the spring deployment version of James. The IMAP service
starts on the required port but while accessing the mailbox I get the
following exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.repository.MailboxManagerMailRepository

In the config file I am using the following in the mailboxmanager block:

<factory
class="org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.torque.TorqueMailboxManagerFactory">

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Regards,
Megha
--
  AdNovum Informatik AG
  Agarval Megha,

  Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zurich
  mailto:megha@adnovum.ch
  phone: +41 44 272 6111, fax: +41 44 272 6312
  http://www.adnovum.ch

  AdNovum Offices: Bern, Budapest, San Mateo, Zurich (HQ)

Re: ClassNotFound: MailboxManagerMailRepository

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am running the spring deployment version of James. The IMAP service
>>> starts
>>> on the required port but while accessing the mailbox I get the following
>>> exception:
>>>
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.repository.MailboxManagerMailRepository
>>>
>>> In the config file I am using the following in the mailboxmanager block:
>>>
>>> <factory
>>>
>>> class="org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.torque.TorqueMailboxManagerFactory">
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to fix this ?
>>
>> if you're using an old assembly configuration (rather than vanilla
>> trunk) you need to update it. this is the current block:
>>
>>  <!-- IMAP server -->
>>  <block name="imapserver" class="org.apache.james.imapserver.ImapServer">
>>    <provide name="localusersrepository"
>> role="org.apache.james.api.user.UsersRepository"/>
>>    <provide name="sockets"
>>
>> role="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.sockets.SocketManager"/>
>>    <provide name="connections"
>>             role="org.apache.james.socket.JamesConnectionManager"/>
>>    <provide name="thread-manager"
>>
>> role="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.threads.ThreadManager"
>> />
>>    <provide name="dnsserver"
>> role="org.apache.james.api.dnsservice.DNSService"/>
>>    <provide name="James" role="org.apache.james.services.MailServer"/>
>>    <provide name="filesystem" role="org.apache.james.services.FileSystem"
>> />
>>  </block>
>>
>> - robert
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> I have the same configuration in assmbly.xml as you said.

it looks like an assembly issue. please try building again with a
vanilla configuration in both deployments. also, note that rebuilding
the sar and redeploying probably isn't good enough (any existing
configuration files are unlikely to be overwritten). please try again
with the packaged built artifact (it's in dist).

trunk exports and runs vanilla fine for me. please try a simple export
to a new location and then run ant dist smoke. this should build james
then run smoke tests.

- robert

Re: ClassNotFound: MailboxManagerMailRepository

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks.
>> i'm taking a look at this now

>>> Accessing mails via IMAP account works now.
>> cool :-)
>>
>> what clients are you using?
>>
>> (the functional tests for IMAP are good but IMAP clients have a
>> tendency to be ideosyncratic and testing against more clients is
>> needed)

I am using Thunderbird.

>>> So now using the sieve mailet I can access mails via IMAP and without the
>>> sieve mailet via POP3. Ideally I would like to access mails via both POP3
>>> and IMAP accounts  with the same james configuration. Is there a james
>>> config that would allow me to do so ?
>> the 'all' matcher matches all mail and (by default) LocalDelivery and
>> SieveMailet both GHOST the mail ensuring that it's consumed and isn't
>> processed by later mailets. if you want some mail to be delivered to
>> POP3 mailboxes for some users and to IMAP for other users, you need to
>> use different matchers. if you want mail to be delivered to both then
>> this is a reasonable request but you'll need to wait till i've
>> modified the sieve mailet to handle this.
>
> i've added a parameter to SieveMailet - but am out of time to test it
> ATM. if you want to deliver to both POP3 and IMAP, and want to try it
> out update to the last code and then configure SieveMailet first in
> line but add <consume>false</consume>.

It works :)

Thanks a lot !!

-Megha

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> if you upgrade to the latest source, you'll see a commented out
>>> example for SieveMailet. uncommented that may direct the incoming mail
>>> to IMAP (but i don't have tests to prove this yet).
>>>
>> Using the SieveMailet is not directing the mails to IMAP account.
>
> i've fixed the bug in the glue code for pheonix but i need to put some
> more work into the spring deployment

Thanks.

>> In fact earlier I could access mails via POP3 account and that too does not
>> work when the SieveMailet is uncommented.
>
> yes - once IMAP is work, more work will need but this configuration is
> the easiest way to check that IMAP is working

Accessing mails via IMAP account works now.

So now using the sieve mailet I can access mails via IMAP and without
the sieve mailet via POP3. Ideally I would like to access mails via both
POP3 and IMAP accounts  with the same james configuration. Is there a
james config that would allow me to do so ?

- Megha

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> you need to set up some mailets to deliver incoming mail into IMAP
>>>
>>> are you using a customized set of mailets or just the defaults shipped
>>> with James?
>>>
>> I am using the default set of mailets.
>>
>>> also, how do you plan to configure your user account and map them to IMAP?
>> I use Thunderbird to create user accounts and map them to imap on required
>> ports
>
> AIUI you want to run an SMTP server. how do you plan to manage your
> users for the domain you plan to serve?

Here is a short description of the set-up I am using:

I run James in a test environment and not in a production environment. I
start the SMTP, POP3 and IMAP services. There is no external user
database and I use the telnet service to create users. For these users,
I create accounts in thunderbird and then use those accounts to send and
receive mails.

I am using the smoke setup of james with all the default configurations.
As of now I can send mails and retrieve them through POP3 accounts. But,
if I send mails and try to retrieve the same through IMAP account it

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/08, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

>> I've expanded the smoke tests over the weekend. IMAP was initialiding
>> but the data access was not configured correctly. Please update to the
>> latest code and retry.
>>
>> - Robert
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Hi Robert,
>
> With the latest code, the IMAP service starts fine. I can set up
> mailboxes and connect to the server without any exceptions. On sending
> mails the sent mails are stored in the sent folder. But I still cant
> access the incoming mails in the mailbox. There are no error messages
> though.
>
> Is there some configuration required to receive the mails in the user
> mailbox ?

IMAP is a mail reading protocol. So, the real question is how to get
your mail into James.

Do you plan to run SMTP?
Download mail from a POP3 server?
>From an IMAP account?

Robert

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>> On 12/4/08, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am running the spring deployment version of James. The IMAP service
>>> starts on the required port but while accessing the mailbox I get the
>>> following exception:
>>>
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.repository.MailboxManagerMailRepository
>>>
>>> In the config file I am using the following in the mailboxmanager block:
>>>
>>> <factory
>>>
>>> class="org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.torque.TorqueMailboxManagerFactory">
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to fix this ?
>>
>> Is this the latest code from trunk?
>>
>> - Robert
>>

> Yes, I had updated my sources yesterday.

i've just updated and rebuilt - all runs run for me

could you try ant clean dist smoke?

- robert

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.