Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vladimir Melnik <v....@uplink.ua> on 2019/07/15 07:44:22 UTC

Re: Reg : qemu-kvm upgrade in KVM hypervisor agent

Hello,

I tried to use qemu-kvm-ev with ACS 4.11.2 and have found out that it makes
impossible to take a snapshot of a running instance's volume. :-(

Posted by Ng'ang'a Kioi <ki...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the logic here was designed to solve a different problem

// for KVM, only allow snapshot with memory when VM is in running state
if (userVmVo.getHypervisorType() == HypervisorType.KVM &&
userVmVo.getState() == State.Running && !snapshotMemory) {
    throw new InvalidParameterValueException("KVM VM does not allow to
take a disk-only snapshot when VM is in running state");
}

Should probably be

Posted by Vladimir Melnik <v....@uplink.ua>.

Posted by Ng'ang'a Kioi <ki...@gmail.com>.