Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tim Mullé <tm...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/26 15:32:12 UTC

Add Flat Look and Feel to older Netbeans Platform applications

Hi,

I have an older pre-12.4 Netbeans Platform application that I’d like to add all the new Look and Feels to it (Light, Dark, Flat, etc).

It’s an Ant based project that I reopened in 12.4 and even 12.5 Beta 2 and recompiled it thinking the new looks would be available automatically, but were not.

I have the Look and Feel libraries selected in my main Platform Application Libraries under the “platform” section. I also have both the “Light” LF’s selected as well, but I still only get the original 4.

I just tried to create a brand new Ant based Platform application test project and simply run it and still nothing..

However, if I create a brand new Maven based project and set the “netbeans.version” tag to RELEASE124 and build and run it, then I get all the new look and feels

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Tim

Re: Add Flat Look and Feel to older Netbeans Platform applications

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
It does and probably that checkbox should be checked by default.

Great to hear you figured it out. :-)

Onward to cool look and feels for all NetBeans Platform applications!

Gj

Posted by Tim Mullé <tm...@gmail.com>.
Update: