Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by zo...@ca.ibm.com on 2003/01/02 16:41:58 UTC

Re: RSS Transformation-- Namespace Issue?

Hi Jacob,

     Yes, the problem is that channel, item, image, et al. are in the
default namespace.  Although those elements don't have prefixes in the XML
document, their namespaces still need to be taken into account in the
XPath expressions in the stylesheet.

     See the following FAQ for additional information:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N101B9

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
IBM SWS Toronto Lab   Tie Line 969-6044;  Phone (905) 413-6044
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com

"Jacob Hookom" <ho...@uwec.edu>
12/29/2002 04:01 PM

        To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RSS Transformation-- Namespace Issue?

Hello,

I'm trying to transform the Slashdot RSS feed via an XSL File posted at
IBM's DevZone:

http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rss

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiphdln.html?dwzone=xml

I'm able to pull in the feed from Slashdot easily and I'm able to grab the
first node and output its namespace-uri as a test, but, trying to select
any of the channels or items returns nothing:

[Stylesheet deleted by Henry]

Returns:

<h1>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#</h1>
<ul></ul>

I'm wondering if I need to put a namespace item in my XSL sheet or
something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Jacob Hookom