Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/03 09:44:17 UTC

Splitter properties of Split Pane in bxml

Hi,

I would like to know the way to change the splitterthickness of split pane
in bxml;
or somehow disable the splitter, or change the color of the splitter of
split pane..

Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aakanksha

Re: Splitter properties of Split Pane in bxml

Posted by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com>.
And yeah, thanks for the Splitter Thickness... it works.. :)

and I did not understand why useshadow is used......

Thanks again

Re: Splitter properties of Split Pane in bxml

Posted by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris for replying.

The thing is, I wasn't concerned about resizing or locking the Split Pane (
have already done that :) ).

What I want is, to reduce the thickness of the SPLITTER of the Split Pane,
or disable the Splitter of the Split Pane.

It would be really great if there would be some way to achieve the above
using BXML.

Posted by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris.

the BXML code is great! :)
works good.

I did look into the component explorer...but could not find anything on the
Splitter.
That's why had to explicitly post this.

Thanks again.

Posted by dranzer_duch <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris.

the BXML code is great! :)
works good.

The component explorer is good. :)

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Aakanksha,

You can play around with a SplitPane via the ComponentExplorer demo.
It is listed under the 'Layout Containers' branch of the left hand TreeView.
http://pivot.apache.org/demos/component-explorer.html

You will see styles in the 'Styles' TabPane in the top-right corner which
can be used to modify the thickness and various colours.

A SplitPane can be disabled via the 'enabled' property inherited from
Component, but it also has a 'locked' property.

Javadocs for the SplitPane container and it's skin are here
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/SplitPane.html
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/TerraSplitPaneSkin.html

Example BXML
<SplitPane
orientation="horizontal"
splitRatio="0.5"
locked="false"

styles="{splitterThickness:20,
useShadow:true,
backgroundColor:'#FF0000',
splitterHandlePrimaryColor:'#00FF00',
splitterHandleSecondaryColor:'#0000FF'}"

<left>
</left>
<right>
</right>