Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rallavagu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 15:55:43 UTC

Queries to help warm up (mmap)

Looking for clues/recommendations to help warm up during startup. Not
necessarily Solr caches but mmap as well. I have used some like
"q=<field name>:[* TO *]" for various fields and it seems to help with
mmap population around 40-50%. Is there anything else that could help
achieve 90% or more? Thanks.

Re: Queries to help warm up (mmap)

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
I use the schema browser to find the 20 most common words. I use those, assuming  that they’ll be the most common in queries. Those are static warming queries in solrconfig.xml.

This works fairly well for book or movie titles. Not so well for free text.

You could do the same thing with query log analysis. Use your most frequent queries.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.
One of the tricks I had read somewhere was to cat all files in the index
directory and OS will have file in the disk cache.