Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2006/06/07 20:00:08 UTC

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

On 5/6/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, let me put it this way: I'm committed to sit at a table for at
> least eight hours during the two hackathon days and make some progress
> on this stuff with Robert and whomever else can make it.  We should
> also be able to have some live collaboration over irc with folks who
> aren't able to make it to Dublin.

Count me in as well for a 'docathon' - I'll be in Dublin too.

Do we have a preferred date / time that we should collectively block
out that also works reasonably well for our remote participants?  At
this point, I'm *mostly* open - but my schedule is getting more and
more committed as we approach the 'Con.

I'm also up for finding a comfy pub one evening and whipping out the
laptops too.  ;-)

"Why doesn't this documentation make any sense?"
"We were on our ninth round of Guinness by then."
"Oh."
"Hey, everyone else at the table said +1.  But, they thought I asked
about another round..."
"Uh-uh."

Wheeeeeee... -- justin

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  Count me in as a remote participant as well (as with Jean, I won't
be in Dublin).  I owe documentation on what to do when getting out of
the incubator as a TLP including info on final releases and the Maven
repo.

Eddie

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/20/06, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'll attend the Dublin conference, getting in Tuesday late morning.
> >

> I'm interested in contributing, especially to the "sample incubator
> > project template" in the area of template web site and template build
> > scripts based on maven. I haven't seen much on these topics recently,
> > so I guess I'll check in to hackathon on Tuesday and see how I can help.
>

> great :-)
>
> noel has a tutorial all day tuesday and some other members also have stuff
> planned for Tuesday. (which is why monday was selected.) but monday may well
> turn out to have a  foundation/infrastructure focus.
>
> but i'll be around and working on documentation throughout the hackathon.
> tuesday may turn out to be a better day for incubator related documentation.

i will be working on release management this afternoon (after lunch). feel
free to drop in. i'll be on a table at the right hand side of the hackathon.

- robert

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

I'll attend the Dublin conference, getting in Tuesday late morning.

I'm interested in contributing, especially to the "sample incubator
project template" in the area of template web site and template build
scripts based on maven. I haven't seen much on these topics recently,
so I guess I'll check in to hackathon on Tuesday and see how I can help.

Craig

On Jun 19, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> On 6/19/06, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>> On 6/7/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > That was my plan as well; so I'm pretty flexible.  I guess I'd
>> > probably prefer not to schedule anything formal on Monday morning,
>> > since some folks may still be getting in.
>>
>> How does Monday afternoon work?
>
> Works for me -- also probably works okay for those in U.S. helping
> remotely.
>
> I'll be in Dublin in the mid-morning.  I'll plan (as I've also heard
> Robert say) to be working on docs most of Monday and Tuesday with
> whomever is there.  It sounds like that will likely include Robert,
> Justin, Noel, Sanjiva, possibly Ross, and me.  And then, there's Jean,
> Eddie, and David Crossley who have offered to help remotely if
> possible.  I'm not sure exactly how this remote thing will work, but I
> think it would be worth trying to see if getting everyone's attention
> on docs around the same time helps efficiently divide the work up and
> offer faster feedback across docs.
>
> Cliff

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Dublin Docathon

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 04:15:57PM -0700, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> >On 6/7/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> That was my plan as well; so I'm pretty flexible.  I guess I'd
> >> probably prefer not to schedule anything formal on Monday morning,
> >> since some folks may still be getting in.
> >
> >How does Monday afternoon work?
>
> Works for me -- also probably works okay for those in U.S. helping remotely.
>
> I'll be in Dublin in the mid-morning.  I'll plan (as I've also heard
> Robert say) to be working on docs most of Monday and Tuesday with
> whomever is there.  It sounds like that will likely include Robert,
> Justin, Noel, Sanjiva, possibly Ross, and me.

/me raises hand. Not sure I'll be typing much (I see ApacheCon as an RSI
prevention week :) ), but I think I'll sit in, and maybe I can keep the
coffee flowing...

LSD

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/19/06, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> > On 6/7/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > That was my plan as well; so I'm pretty flexible.  I guess I'd
> > > probably prefer not to schedule anything formal on Monday morning,
> > > since some folks may still be getting in.
> >
> > How does Monday afternoon work?
>
> Works for me -- also probably works okay for those in U.S. helping
> remotely.

on IRC we came with (provisionally) 3pm Dublin time (1400 UTC) for the more
focussed session

i plan to produce something more definite and post it to committers later
today

I'll be in Dublin in the mid-morning.  I'll plan (as I've also heard
> Robert say) to be working on docs most of Monday and Tuesday with
> whomever is there.  It sounds like that will likely include Robert,
> Justin, Noel, Sanjiva, possibly Ross, and me.  And then, there's Jean,
> Eddie, and David Crossley who have offered to help remotely if
> possible.  I'm not sure exactly how this remote thing will work, but I
> think it would be worth trying to see if getting everyone's attention
> on docs around the same time helps efficiently divide the work up and
> offer faster feedback across docs.

there are number of interested people in Dublin late afternoon/early evening
Sunday. so we'll probably meet up at the hotel for
planning/preparation/preliminary work. those who aren't travelling can IRC.

if there is enough interest we could book a room somewhere one evening but
there are events till late more days...

- robert

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 6/7/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was my plan as well; so I'm pretty flexible.  I guess I'd
> probably prefer not to schedule anything formal on Monday morning,
> since some folks may still be getting in.

How does Monday afternoon work?

Tuesday is pretty much full up already on my calendar...  -- justin

Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/06, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, let me put it this way: I'm committed to sit at a table for at
> > least eight hours during the two hackathon days and make some progress
> > on this stuff with Robert and whomever else can make it.  We should
> > also be able to have some live collaboration over irc with folks who
> > aren't able to make it to Dublin.
>
> Count me in as well for a 'docathon' - I'll be in Dublin too.

great :-)

Do we have a preferred date / time that we should collectively block
> out that also works reasonably well for our remote participants?  At

this point, I'm *mostly* open - but my schedule is getting more and
> more committed as we approach the 'Con.

nope  (I will be around most of the hackathon working on documentation so
will be available for ad hoc doc) but a more focussed docathon block sounds
good.

should we move this thread to community to decide details?

i've been considering posting a brief invite on committers a little closer
the time...

I'm also up for finding a comfy pub one evening and whipping out the
> laptops too.  ;-)
>
> "Why doesn't this documentation make any sense?"
> "We were on our ninth round of Guinness by then."
> "Oh."
> "Hey, everyone else at the table said +1.  But, they thought I asked
> about another round..."
> "Uh-uh."

hehehe

sounds good :-)

as well as useful for those based in the US

- robert