Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/07 09:59:37 UTC

OSGi bundles and versioning

I think we have a problem with lots (if not all) of bundles we've released.
Currently, they are importing their own package and do not use version
ranges.

Importing their own package may lead to real problems when deploying two
different versions of such a bundle.  There is a high chance that the second
one will use the classes from the first one instead of their own classes.
Version ranges are also important to avoid some problems if the bundle is
wired to a dependent bundle with a new major version.

So I kinda think we need to update all the poms to change those and release
all those bundles.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Fwd: OSGi bundles and versioning

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, I see in the super POM.

OK to raise the Jira and make a first bundle.

Regards
JB

Re: OSGi bundles and versioning

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
yeah, just wondered. The export was always done with the versioning info.

Lars

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Fwd: OSGi bundles and versioning