Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/01/03 00:05:52 UTC

Roll planned 2.2 features into 2.1?

I was hoping we'd be able to release Roller 2.1 during December. We
put it in production on a couple of sites (that will remain
nameless ;-), but there are still a couple of open issues that are
holding up the release. Here's the summary page for the 2.1 release:

    http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
page=Proposal_Roller_2.1_Release

Now, Allen and I are getting started with "2.2" features and fixes
for a deployment end of January release. Here's the 2.2 summary page:

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
page=Proposal_Roller_2.2_Release

Since 2.1 is not quite done, maybe we should take the stuff we had
planned for 2.2 and put it in 2.1. Here are my arguments: 1) People
are still coming to grips with 2.0 and don't necessarily need/want a
new release right now, 2) we'll save time by not going through the
release cycle right now and 3) most of the 2.2 changes are bug fixes
and performance improvements -- stuff that ought to be fixed.

What do you think?

- Dave

Re: Roll planned 2.2 features into 2.1?

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I have merged the 2.2 features into the 2.1 proposal as Phase II.
http://www.rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
page=Proposal_Roller_2.1_Release

The proposed code freeze date is Thursday January 19th.

- Dave

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.