Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/01 10:35:56 UTC

Re: Apache Kafka 2.0.0 Release Progress

Hi all,

I have moved one accepted KIP without a PR to the next release. We still
have quite a few KIPs with PRs that are being reviewed, but haven't yet
been merged. I have left all of these in since I think these are minor
features that are not risky. Please ensure that all KIPs for 2.0.0 have
been merged by Tuesday the 5th of June. Any remaining KIPs will be moved to
the next release.

The KIPs still in progress are:

   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-183+-+Change+
   PreferredReplicaLeaderElectionCommand+to+use+AdminClient
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-183+-+Change+PreferredReplicaLeaderElectionCommand+to+use+AdminClient>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   206%3A+Add+support+for+UUID+serialization+and+deserialization
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-206%3A+Add+support+for+UUID+serialization+and+deserialization>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   211%3A+Revise+Expiration+Semantics+of+Consumer+Group+Offsets
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-211%3A+Revise+Expiration+Semantics+of+Consumer+Group+Offsets>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   235%3A+Add+DNS+alias+support+for+secured+connection
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-235%3A+Add+DNS+alias+support+for+secured+connection>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   277+-+Fine+Grained+ACL+for+CreateTopics+API
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-277+-+Fine+Grained+ACL+for+CreateTopics+API>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   282%3A+Add+the+listener+name+to+the+authentication+context
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-282%3A+Add+the+listener+name+to+the+authentication+context>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   290%3A+Support+for+wildcard+suffixed+ACLs
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-290%3A+Support+for+wildcard+suffixed+ACLs>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   294+-+Enable+TLS+hostname+verification+by+default
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-294+-+Enable+TLS+hostname+verification+by+default>
   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-
   306%3A+Configuration+for+Delaying+Response+to+Failed+
   Client+Authentication
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-306%3A+Configuration+for+Delaying+Response+to+Failed+Client+Authentication>

Thanks,

Rajini