Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sundar v <su...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/08 13:36:27 UTC

problem in installing ant

hello,
  after extracting the file from the zip file
  i have set the ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME variables
  after that when i typed

  ant -version

  in the command prompt
  the message i get is

   'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

  please tell me what will be the problem
  thank you

  V.Sundar

---------------------------------

Re: problem in installing ant-SOLVED; thankyou

Posted by Ondřej Světlík <on...@svetlik.info>.
> Hello
>   thanks to Ondrej Svetlik
>   after setting the path to ant bin i got ant working
>

>   now i have another problem
>   when i type
>
>   ant -version
>
>   in the command prompt
>   the message i get is
>

>   Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program
> Files\Java\j2re1.4
> .2_05\lib\tools.jar
> Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
>
>   please tell me how to rectify this
>   thank you.
>
>   V.Sundar

Hello again,

I don't use windows, so it may be different, but it seems that you have
only jre installed instead of jdk. It seems that jre doesn't containt
tools.jar which is needed by ant. Try to install the whole jdk and set
your JAVA_HOME variable to point to the jdk directory, possibly something
like this:

JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\j2dk1.4"

But this is really a pure guess :-).

Good luck.

Ondrej Svetlik

Re: problem in installing ant-SOLVED; thankyou

Posted by Ondřej Světlík <on...@svetlik.info>.
> hello,
>   after extracting the file from the zip file
>   i have set the ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME variables
>   after that when i typed
>
>   ant -version
>
>   in the command prompt
>   the message i get is
>
>    'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
>   please tell me what will be the problem
>   thank you
>
>   V.Sundar

Hello

It seems that your system PATH does not point to the ant bin directory.

Best regards

Ondrej Svetlik