Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/04/06 21:43:42 UTC

Accessing service via browser

hi all,

Could someone clarify the following for me, I seem to be missing something

I have a simple service, see below, which is defined in a wsdd file. I
can access it using  a test client but not via the browser using any of
the following urls.

http://localhost/services/Nomos   -   tells me that a soap service is
available
http://localhost/services/Nomos?wsdl   -   returns an error that no
service can be found
http://localhost/services/Nomos?method=getGreeting   -   returns an
error that no service can be found

I understood the last two to work without a wsdl file, or does it work
only with a jws file?

colin

  <service name="Nomos" provider="java:RPC">
    <parameter name="className" value="com.test.soap.Nomos" />
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*" />
  </service>
</deployment>

public class Nomos
{