Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Uwe K." <Ko...@t-online.de> on 2013/09/07 14:49:50 UTC

Issue with property-replacement and Camel-routes

Hello list,

we ran into an issue while defining properties for Camel-routes:

There seems to be no way to define a property with a value like
"=?fileName\=${date\:now\:yyMMddHHmmssSSS}.txt" in a .cfg-File deployed in
the /etc-directory.
We tried several escaping-strategies but none was successful. "${....}" is
always replaced by "" (nothing), because there is of course no matching
system- or configuration-property.

Looking into the code (util/..../InterpolationHelper.java) there is no way
to avoid the property-replacement (at least I see none).

So shouldn't there be a way to escape such values (e.g. by using double
dollar-sign)?

Didn't anyone else run into this issue so far?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Uwe.

Re: Issue with property-replacement and Camel-routes

Posted by "Uwe K." <Ko...@t-online.de>.
Hi JB,

thanks for the quick response.

It would be great if you could add this.
A workaround using another character won't be working if you define routes
directly in blueprint (at least as I know).

Best regards,

Uwe.

jbonofre wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Uwe,

By default in Karaf (and Felix) Utils, ${} is replaced and there is no
way to escape $.

It's a good addition, I will do that.
A workaround could be to use another kind of file, or use another
character that you replace when you load the properties.

Regards
JB

On 09/07/2013 02:49 PM, Uwe K. wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> we ran into an issue while defining properties for Camel-routes:
>
> There seems to be no way to define a property with a value like
> "=?fileName\=${date\:now\:yyMMddHHmmssSSS}.txt" in a .cfg-File deployed in
> the /etc-directory.
> We tried several escaping-strategies but none was successful. "${....}" is
> always replaced by "" (nothing), because there is of course no matching
> system- or configuration-property.
>
> Looking into the code (util/..../InterpolationHelper.java) there is no way
> to avoid the property-replacement (at least I see none).
>
> So shouldn't there be a way to escape such values (e.g. by using double
> dollar-sign)?
>
> Didn't anyone else run into this issue so far?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Uwe.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Issue with property-replacement and Camel-routes

Posted by "Uwe K." <Ko...@t-online.de>.
Hello Claus,

thank you very much, that solved our actual problem, of course.

We should have read the manual closer.....

Best regards,

Uwe.

Claus Ibsen wrote

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Use $simple{xxx}

lørdag den 7. september 2013 skrev Uwe K. :

> Hello list,
>
> we ran into an issue while defining properties for Camel-routes:
>
> There seems to be no way to define a property with a value like
> "=?fileName\=${date\:now\:yyMMddHHmmssSSS}.txt" in a .cfg-File deployed in
> the /etc-directory.
> We tried several escaping-strategies but none was successful. "${....}" is
> always replaced by "" (nothing), because there is of course no matching
> system- or configuration-property.
>
> Looking into the code (util/..../InterpolationHelper.java) there is no way
> to avoid the property-replacement (at least I see none).
>
> So shouldn't there be a way to escape such values (e.g. by using double
> dollar-sign)?
>
> Didn't anyone else run into this issue so far?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Uwe.

Claus Ibsen