Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kurt Young <yk...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/01 04:14:32 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS]FLIP-163: SQL Client Improvements

I also asked some users about their opinion that if we introduce some
config prefixed with "table" but doesn't
have affection with methods in Table API and SQL. All of them are kind of
shocked by such question, asking
why we would do anything like this.

This kind of reaction actually doesn't surprise me a lot, so I jumped in
and challenged this config option even
after the FLIP had already been accepted.

If we only have to define the execution behavior for multiple statements in
SQL client, we should only introduce
a config option which would tell users it's affection scope by its name.
Prefixing with "table" is definitely not a good
idea here.

Best,
Kurt

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.