Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by DE...@aol.com on 2002/10/15 04:38:02 UTC

Question re: mod_dtcl

Hi there :-)  I just set up mod_dtcl and I think there may be a bug (it might
just be something I'm doing wrong).  I have a Windows98 SE installation and I
downloaded the mod_dtcl which has 2 versions (one that prints out the version
number and the other does not).  I set up the httpd.conf file as per your
documentation and it seems to run just fine. But... when I stop Apache
1.3.27, I get a message saying that the program has committed an error and if
it persists notify the vendor.  When I examined the details of the message,
it has to do with the tcl84.dll.  Is there any way of fixing this??  Is there
some Apache directive I forgot to put in the httpd.conf file??  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Allan J Horwitz, M.Sc.

Re: Question re: mod_dtcl

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
DEVONS02@aol.com writes:

> Hi there :-) I just set up mod_dtcl and I think there may be a bug
> (it might just be something I'm doing wrong).  I have a Windows98 SE
> installation and I downloaded the mod_dtcl which has 2 versions (one
> that prints out the version number and the other does not).  I set
> up the httpd.conf file as per your documentation and it seems to run
> just fine. But... when I stop Apache 1.3.27, I get a message saying
> that the program has committed an error and if it persists notify
> the vendor.  When I examined the details of the message, it has to
> do with the tcl84.dll.  Is there any way of fixing this??  Is there
> some Apache directive I forgot to put in the httpd.conf file??  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

It might be a bug...  I'm not sure what might be going wrong, though,
and whether it's in Apache (probably not), Tcl (not likely either,
but...?), mod_dtcl, or what.  Does everything else work ok?

I agree with Holger that it's probably a good idea to upgrade to
something a bit more modern.  (Linux would be my choice:-).

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/