Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/26 07:52:58 UTC

[PROPOSAL] myfaces-extensions

due to the fact that we have a growing number of great extensions i would
like to start a new discussion.

some days ago we discussed [1] the following suggestion:

let's setup just one sub-project for all new extensions.

name of the subproject:
e.g.: myfaces-extensions

which contains something like (in chronological order):
 - myfaces-extensions-aspectel
 - myfaces-extensions-seven
 - myfaces-extensions-scripting

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg32424.html

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [PROPOSAL] myfaces-extensions

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ok I forgot +1 from me as well to the proposal

Werner

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
besides the previous discussions:

in my opinion there is a clear separation between 'commons' and
'extensions':

commons:
provides small, extremely stable, "loose" and re-usable jsf functionalities
(the complexity of the coherent parts is below a project)
-> you pick the parts you need and use them.

extensions:
small innovative projects (which are beyond the current "std. mechanisms" of
jsf)
-> you use the approach of a subproject as a whole.

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello,

what is the difference between myfaces-extensions and myfaces-commons?

Regards

Bernd

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
sounds good

Posted by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, after your previous post [not of this chain but from an another]
regarding the structure =>

> [new sub-project]
>  |_ alchemy
>  |_ ...

I thought it made sense to create a [new sub-project] and have Flex +
JSF integration as a component library beneath it. However, since it
made sense to name the component library specifically, I thought it
would be better to name it FlexFaces [this way users will understand
what it's about before they delve into it]. Then we could use more of
a generic name Alchemy to specify the intention of the component
libraries as its [new sub-project] name. Since Alchemy in definition
is basically altering the  form of an element, I thought the name
would be fitting for the contribution as well as any other component
libraries that integrates other technologies as well.

Sorry about the miscommunication and let's direct further conversation
regarding Alchemy proposal at the previous post
http://www.nabble.com/-PROPOSAL--MyFaces-Alchemy-as-a-subproject-under-MyFaces-p17464170.html

Thanks!!!

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
it was my suggestion -> +0.9