Posted to user@roller.apache.org by abhay srivastava <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/02 01:54:45 UTC

disabling log4j

Hello,
   I have a roller 4.0 setup on Tomcat with mysql as database. I was curious how do I disable log4j logging in roller ?

Regards,

Re: Roller on Tomcat 5.0.x

Posted by abhay srivastava <ab...@yahoo.com>.
I have been told by my hosting provider to change web.xml with proper jsp handlers (servlet-mappings)

As a matter of fact the site is running fine on my server.

I am not sure what to do there ? Can anybody please help me here ?

regards,

---

Winners don&#39;t Quit,Quitters don&#39;t Win

From: Dave <sn...@gmail.com>
To: user@roller.apache.org, abhay_iitm@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 6:23 PM

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:32 AM, abhay srivastava <ab...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am curious to know whether Roller 4.0 can work with Tomcat 5.0.x ?

Yes, Roller should work fine with Tomcat 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0.

- Dave

Re: Roller on Tomcat 5.0.x

Re: Roller on Tomcat 5.0.x

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Roller on Tomcat 5.0.x

Posted by abhay srivastava <ab...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Re: disabling log4j

Posted by Alexander Coles <al...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 2, 2008, at 1:54 AM, abhay srivastava wrote:

> Hello,
>    I have a roller 4.0 setup on Tomcat with mysql as database. I was
> curious how do I disable log4j logging in roller ?
>
> Regards,

If you check the example roller.properties in the roller-install-
guide.pdf, you'll see you have pretty granular control over what gets
logged. But to start off with, try setting the default logging level
to the lowest possible value:
log4j.rootCategory=FATAL, roller

Alex