Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Ditlinger, Steve" <SD...@ebuilt.com> on 2002/08/01 16:29:54 UTC

Struts TLDs in wrong place in Struts.jar?

Good morning,

When I want to define a tag lib's TLD locations in my web.xml.  I can
reference a TLD in a jar file like so:

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>my-tags.tld</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/my-tags.jar</taglib-location>
</taglib>

This works fine as long as the TLD file is located directly under META-INF
in the jar file.  However in the struts.jar file, all of the TLDs are
located under META-INF/tlds in the jar file.  My Weblogic 7.0 does not find
them in that location if I make web.xml entries like the above.

After reading the JSP spec, it is not clear to me whether Weblogic has a
problem or if the Struts TLDs are just in the wrong place.  The applicable
JSP spec section is below.  Are using the META-INF/tlds location as the new
standard for multiple TLDs in a jar file?

Thanks,
Steve

The JSP spec says this:

JSP.7.2.1 Packaged Tag Libraries
JSP page authoring tools and JSP containers are required to accept a tag
library
that is packaged as a JAR file. When deployed in a JSP container, the
standard JAR
conventions described in the Servlet 2.3 specification apply, including
the conventions
for dependencies on extensions.
Packaged tag libraries must have at least one tag library descriptor
file. The
JSP 1.1 specification allowed only a single TLD, in META-INF/taglib.tld,
but in
JSP 1.2 multiple tag libraries are allowed. See Section JSP.7.3.1 for
how TLDs are
identified.