Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au> on 2004/10/23 08:50:09 UTC

Tapestry Hosting

I am just wondering if anyone has any good places to host a small
tapestry demo application and then later maybe a small site.

 I was looking at Lunar Pages but now after having to put up with weeks
of delays and the most pathetic support I have seen in a long time, they
are now saying they don't support Tapestry.

 Just wondering if anyone is using a good cheapie hosting places ?

Re: Tapestry Hosting

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,

My sites http://www.mjhenderson.com and http://www.behindthesite.com
are both hosted on my own server from 1and1.com

The root server package for a P4 class machine with 256MB RAM and 40GB
disk is ~$50 a month ($150 setup)

It has PLESK for management ssh access, hosts up to 100 domains. You
get all the usual stuff, PHP, mySQL, etc. Tomcat costs extra but I
downloaded Jetty and set up Jetty and Apache to host my own examples.

This is your host, no admin, backup etc from 1and1.com It's the best
deal I have seen so far.

Mike

Re: Tapestry Hosting

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
I've recently set up a FreeBSD virtual machine at
www.johncompanies.com. I highly recommend them. They offer Redhat
(Fedora soon) and Debian for Linux and FreeBSD. You can get a good
discount if you qualify as an open-source developer (they are pretty
loose about that definition). You get root access to a server you have
full control over.

Jamie

RE: Tapestry Hosting

Posted by Christopher DeBracy <cm...@debracy.net>.
I've looked into www.kattare.com and www.displayhosting.com. I'm trying out
Display Hosting atm.

My first Tapestry app is up and running at www.debracysporthorses.com, since
yesterday. The support has been good so far. If Display Hosting drops the
ball, I'll give Kattare a shot. Prices are very similar.

I was with JavaServletHosting, but they can only handle Struts and not
Tapestry. :)