Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mª Paz Belmonte López <pa...@yahoo.es> on 2006/10/19 17:32:49 UTC

Lucene document length

Hello,
I´m working with Lucene. I need to get the documents length. I had seen the documentations and I don´t find anything.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Re: Lucene document length

Posted by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au>.
Mª Paz Belmonte López wrote:
> Hello,
> I´m working with Lucene. I need to get the documents length. I had seen the documentations and I don´t find anything.

What exactly do you mean by the length of a "document"?  A document has
a number of fields, and you could get the length of a field if the field
were stored.

But what I'd do is calculate the length of the original text and put it
into a new field so that I can get at it faster.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd