Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jayant Ameta <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/13 05:45:23 UTC

Skip event in case of key extraction exception

Hi,
My key extraction logic requires a conversion from string to UUID. I want
to skip the event in case of exception. Is it doable?

Re: Skip event in case of key extraction exception

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hi,
You cannot filter out events in the KeyExtractor. What you can do though
is to move the conversion logic to e.g. flatMap function and emit only
those events that where successfully converted. Then your KeyExtractor
would be a single getter for the UUID.
Best,
Dawid