Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org> on 2019/03/31 08:30:12 UTC

https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Gentoo in their official repo -
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin

(sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
super awesome!)

Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/

btw they have a nice wiki page -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice

maybe better ling that one.

Where can I update this?

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> However I meant how to update the package site. is it in the ooo-site
> repository?

If you mean you want to know what SVN directory you should check out in
order to update the page, you will find it at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/porting

Note that updating SVN will not update the site immediately, as someone
must publish the changes.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
On 31.03.19 10:37, Marcus wrote:
> Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> Gentoo in their official repo -
>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>>
>> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
>> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
>> super awesome!)
>>
>> Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/
>>
>> btw they have a nice wiki page -
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice
>>
>> maybe better ling that one.
>>
>> Where can I update this?
>
> as this is not managed by Apache it's suitable to list this on the
> porting webpage. IMHO it doesn't matter if it's binary or source.

for listing it does not. But OpenOffice and LibreOffice are the only
binaries in Gentoo's Repository. It is just a personal whish.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Gentoo in their official repo -
> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>
> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
> super awesome!)
>
> Arch Linux in  AUR repository -
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openoffice/
>
> btw they have a nice wiki page -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Apache_OpenOffice
>
> maybe better ling that one.
>
> Where can I update this?

as this is not managed by Apache it's suitable to list this on the
porting webpage. IMHO it doesn't matter if it's binary or source.

Marcus

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Am 31.03.19 um 14:28 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> On 31.03.19 11:14, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Am 31.03.19 um 10:30 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> Gentoo in their official repo -
>>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/openoffice-bin
>>>
>>> (sadly they have removed the build from source version. I have the dream
>>> that Gentoo reintroduces a build version for OpenOffice which would be
>>> super awesome!)
>> At first sight, I can only see that they removed 4.1.4 and 4.1.5?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
> In the past there has been also a package OpenOffice package which build
> OpenOffice from source. If you move up and look at libreOffice, there
> you see both packages for source and bin.
I hadn't realized that you referred to the source package.
> Unlike OpenOffice-bin which refers basically to our rpm builds, and wrap
> their packet manager around it. Similar case at Arch by the way. Also
> their package points on our RPM build and strips the rpm.

Better than nothing...
Basically this would count as a distribution?

Regards,

   Matthias

Re: https://www.openoffice.org/porting/ some packages missing

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.