Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by James McArthur <ja...@pcorp.com.au> on 2002/07/17 06:11:13 UTC

JSVGCanvas.eventsEnabled = NullPointerException

Hi,

I have a class that has extended JSVGCanvas, and I want to disable mouse
events being received.

In the javadocs, it says there is a protected member variable
'eventsEnabled' that has the description:

"eventEnabled - Whether the GVT tree should be reactive to mouse and key
events."

The problem I have is that when I disable this I can no longer
communicate with the UpdateManager; when I try to get the UpdateManager,
(via getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue()) I receive a
NullPointerException.

If I set eventEnabled = true, this problem disappears.

So ... is the description of this variable incorrect, or is there
something else that I'm missing?

(This is on RH Linux 7.3, Sun JDK 1.3, Batik 1.5(beta))

James