Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/04/13 04:42:15 UTC

Autoconf 2.52 on Darwin?

Has anyone else tried to run configure off of an autoconf-2.52
produced configure on Darwin?

It fails for me when it tries to go to the srclib/apr configure
due to it trying to pass 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g' as a command-line
argument (I did pass that to httpd's configure, so it should
propogate to apr, apr-util, etc.).  Is this another quoting problem
related to zsh?

Am I nuts?  Going back to autoconf 2.13 works.  -- justin

Re: Autoconf 2.52 on Darwin?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 07:55:38AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone else tried to run configure off of an autoconf-2.52
> > produced configure on Darwin?
> >

> I use autoconf 2.52 and libtool 1.4.2+
>
> No problems.

More specifically, have you tried:

CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure

(any environment variable setting seems to do it)

I think this is what makes it bomb for me.  -- justin

Re: Autoconf 2.52 on Darwin?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Justin Erenkrantz" <je...@apache.org> wrote:

> Has anyone else tried to run configure off of an autoconf-2.52
> produced configure on Darwin?
>
> It fails for me when it tries to go to the srclib/apr configure
> due to it trying to pass 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g' as a command-line
> argument (I did pass that to httpd's configure, so it should
> propogate to apr, apr-util, etc.).  Is this another quoting problem
> related to zsh?
>
> Am I nuts?  Going back to autoconf 2.13 works.  -- justin

[pier@blossom] ~ $ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
Written by David J. MacKenzie.

Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
[pier@blossom] ~ $

Works for me... Never had a problem... I _believe_ it might be a problem
related to the little patch I sent 3/4 days ago in some APR m4 functions...

    Pier

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick