Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Derek Springer <de...@mahalo.com> on 2008/12/15 20:59:55 UTC

Please help me articulate this query

Hey all,
I'm having trouble articulating a query and I'm hopeful someone out there
can help me out :)

My situation is this: I am indexing a series of questions that can either be
asked from a main question entry page, or a specific subject page. I have a
field called "referring" which indexes the title of the specific subject
page, plus the regular question whenever that document is submitted from a
specific specific subject page. Otherwise, every document is indexed with
just the question.

Specifically, what I am trying to do is when I am on the page specific
subject page (e.g. Tom Cruise) I want to search for all of the questions
asked from that page, plus any question asked about Tom Cruise. Something
like:
q=(referring:Tom AND Cruise) OR (question:Tom AND Cruise)

"Have you ever used a Tom Tom?" - Not returned
"Where is the best place to take a cruise?" - Not returned
"When did he have is first kid?" - Returned iff question was asked from Tom
Cruise page
"Do you think that Tom Cruise will make more movies?" - Always returned

Any thoughts?

-Derek

Re: Please help me articulate this query

Posted by Derek Springer <de...@mahalo.com>.
Excellent, thank you! :)

-Derek

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.