Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Barstow <Jo...@gfsg.co.nz> on 2003/04/04 00:06:08 UTC

Cached credentials

Silly question - what is the command to remove cached authentication
credentials from a working copy tree?  Due to issues with checkout, I copied
my working copy to another user's machine and just need to clean out the
cache.  They are using a GUI client that does not have a way to override the
username.

John Barstow
Senior Developer
Grosvenor Financial Services Group Ltd
Tel: +64 4 473 0262
Fax: +64 4 499 6106
Web: www.gfsg.co.nz
Email: john_barstow@gfsg.co.nz

Re: Cached credentials

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
John Barstow <Jo...@gfsg.co.nz> writes:

> Silly question - what is the command to remove cached authentication
> credentials from a working copy tree?  Due to issues with checkout, I copied
> my working copy to another user's machine and just need to clean out the
> cache.  They are using a GUI client that does not have a way to override the
> username.

There's no svn command to do that.

You need to 'find wc -name .svn | xargs rm -rf', or something like
that.

Keep in mind that I'll soon be committing a change that causes all
auth credentials to be saved in your ~/.subversion area, very much
like a .cvspass file.  No more risks of accidentally giving your auth
data to someone else.