Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matthias Epheser <ma...@gmx.at> on 2008/10/03 18:05:02 UTC

[Announcement] Solr javascript library example online

Hi,

after implementing a javascript library for Solr widgets during this year's
Google Summer of code, I've now managed to put a real world example online.

http://solrjs.solrstuff.org/test/reuters/

The example contains a test data set of 22000 reuters busines news items, all of
them are tagged by "topic", "organisation", "country", "stock exchange" and
publishing date.

The example shows:

- A dynamic result view including paging on the right
- Some tagcloud widgets that represent facet fields
- A autocomplete search box that shows facet values. It is also used to create a
custom fulltext query
- A google map chart widget that renders ISO country codes.
- A calendar widgets for date facets.

Interesting part is the html source code, as the library intends to make
including these features as easy as possible. Only the custom result widget
contains some additional javascript code for custom rendering.

More (technical) information is available at http://solrjs.solrstuff.org/

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

regards,
matthias

PS: sorry for the crosspost, I'm aware of avoiding that, but I wasn't sure which
list (users or dev) is suitable the most.