Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <sk...@apache.org> on 2007/08/19 14:18:08 UTC

Re: [orchestra] FrameworkAdapter setup (was Re: [orchestra] servlet filters ..)

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 13:07 +0200, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> I am currently cleaning up the RequestParameterProvider (as proposed by
> Matthias). I'll now provide a FacesContextFactory and the filter.
> When testing the filter I've found, that it also requires the
> FrameworkAdapter which requires the OrchestraServletFilter to have the
> httpServlet* thread-locals setup appropriate.
> Now, my test is to configure the RequestParameterServletFilter for a non
> JSF request - currently it fails as the OrchestraServletFilter has not
> been configured for such non JSF requests - and I think it is not a good
> idea to do so.
>
> What if we create a FrameworkAdapterFilter to setup the stuff required
> for the FrameworkAdapter itself. It makes things cleaner, no?
> Though, then we have yet another configuration option ... :-(
> Maybe we can call the FrameworkAdapterFilter from the
> OrchestraServletFilter so that one has to configure the
> FrameworkAdapterFilter only in special cases.
>
> What do you think?

So you mean create a separate FrameworkAdapterFilter, then in
OrchestraServletFilter, have

  private FrameworkAdapterFilter subfilter =
    new FrameworkAdapterFilter();

and instead of

  filterChain.doFilter(....)

call

  subfilter.doFilter(...., filterChain)

?

That seems reasonably elegant to me..

Regards,

Simon

Re: [orchestra] FrameworkAdapter setup (was Re: [orchestra] servlet filters ..)

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
>> What if we create a FrameworkAdapterFilter to setup the stuff required
>> for the FrameworkAdapter itself. It makes things cleaner, no?
>> Though, then we have yet another configuration option ... :-(
>> Maybe we can call the FrameworkAdapterFilter from the
>> OrchestraServletFilter so that one has to configure the
>> FrameworkAdapterFilter only in special cases.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> So you mean create a separate FrameworkAdapterFilter, then in
> OrchestraServletFilter, have
>
>   private FrameworkAdapterFilter subfilter =
>     new FrameworkAdapterFilter();

Exactly! ... committed :-)

Ciao,
Mario