Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ellecer Valencia <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 18:01:12 UTC

Error: "Could not resolve dependencies for project" from local repository because of _maven.repositories

Hi,

My situation is not really unusual. I have a workaround for it, but
I'm trying to see if there are any other options, ones that fit with
Maven but don't require me to install a repository manager on my home
PC. :)

I zipped up a copy of a project from work, and my maven repository,
and set it up on my home computer. However, I'm getting these messages
about Maven not being able to find the dependencies.

"Non-resolvable parent POM: The repository system is offline but the
artifact [corporate pom details] is not available in the local
repository. and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM"

At first I just manually installed the corporate POM, but then it led
to more errors about other dependencies not being found. Dependencies
that were present in my repository.

Now I know it's related to the repository indicated in
_maven.repositories file (it's referring to the ID of my work repo).
The quick fix is to just do

cd ~/.m2
find . -name '_maven.repositories' -type f -delete

Is there any other recommended way to deal with this situation? Using
the "-o" parameter for offline didn't work, even using Maven 3.0.4.

Is there somewhere that I could tell Maven to just treat the local
repository as the corporate repo named in _maven.repositories?

This is covering some issues last discussed here, in "Maven 3,
_maven.repositories and *lastUpdated"

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-3-maven-repositories-and-lastUpdated-td4927537.html

And a related issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5185

Ellecer