Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by CocoyLola <mb...@ibit.org> on 2010/02/25 13:25:08 UTC

How to adjust jUDDI for an extension of UDDI?

Hi Kurt.
My goal is to extend UDDI for the purpose of my work. For example, imagine
that I extend the UDDI "Contact" with a new label "MovileNum" containing the
mobile phone number of the contact. How does this add-on JUDDIv3? Is it
possible to make my proposal? How does on JUDDI database? What about
persistence?

I hope you can answere my question.

Thank you so much Kurt. And congratulations about your tutorials.

byz

Re: How to adjust jUDDI for an extension of UDDI?

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Here you go:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-juddi-user/201002.mbox/%3C4B867C59.10204@gmail.com%3E

--K

Posted by CocoyLola <mb...@ibit.org>.
Still waiting for a reply.

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Glad to see you up and running :).

1. As far as adding telephone numbers to a contact, you can. Check out
chapter 2 and 3 of the UDDI v3 spec and you will see the relationship is
0-many. So that should take of what you need.

2. If you really want to change the API, for let's say other fields that
the are not available then you will end up with deviating from the
specification, and it will no longer be a UDDI v3 registry. However I
hope you don't have to go there, as the data structure are set up such
that it can fit many different locales and is thus very flexible.

Cheers,

--Kurt