Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by c....@lycos.co.uk on 2006/03/15 00:56:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Mandatory Site Footer

I have noticed that some webhosts add a "Hosted by BlahBlah.com" at the
bottom of every page that they host.

I currently have 3 websites (vhosts) based on my apache server: mine and 2
others (www.cpcomputers.co.uk <http://www.cpcomputers.co.uk/>
www.simsony.co.uk <http://www.simsony.co.uk/>  and www.sexybotch.co.uk
<http://www.sexybotch.co.uk/> ).

Is there a way of tagging the line "Hosted by CP Computers" to the bottom of
every page in simsony.co.uk and sexybotch.co.uk? I do not want them to be
able to remove this tagline when editing their pages so I would prefer a
method of doing it from the apache server itself.

My server is version: 2.0.54 part of the ApacheFriends XAMPP (basic package)
version 1.4.13 (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html)

Thanks.

Chris

Re: [users@httpd] Mandatory Site Footer

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tuesday 14 March 2006 23:56, c.palmer@lycos.co.uk wrote:
> I have noticed that some webhosts add a "Hosted by BlahBlah.com" at the
> bottom of every page that they host.

Commonly done by totally messing with the HTML and relying
on error correction in browsers.

Also possible without damaging markup: see the first example at
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_publisher/macro.html

--
Nick Kew