Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2015/06/01 00:21:13 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kylin-0.7.1-incubating

Hi,

> Please refer to *TrieDictionaryTest* class for more detail about how to generate and used for test.

It seem the line(s) in question to load that dictionary are comment out.
	// InputStream is =
	// Util.getPackageResourceAsStream(TrieDictionaryTest.class,
	// "eng_com.dic");

My question is where did the original data in the file come from? For context - a lot of dictionaries (while they may just be list of words) are in fact licensed and protected by copyright and it may be that this list came from something whose license is not comparable with the Apache license.

Given that it does’t seem to be used perhaps it best to remove the file if it is unclear or unknown what it's source was?

Thanks,
Justin