Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by mingda li <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/16 05:11:11 UTC

Load HDFS data to AsterixDB

Hi,

Has anyone loaded data from HDFS? I met a problem when loading data use
following query:

use dataverse tpcds3;

load dataset inventory

using hdfs(("hdfs"="hdfs://SCAI01.CS.UCLA.EDU:9000
<http://scai01.cs.ucla.edu:9000/>"),("path"="/clash/datasets/tpcds/10/
inventory"),("format"="delimited-text"),("delimiter"="|"));

The Error in web interface is:

Internal error. Please check instance logs for further details.
[NullPointerException]

I check the cc.log (cluster controller) and find the following problem:

SEVERE: Unable to create adapter

org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.common.exceptions.AlgebricksException: Unable
to create adapter

        at org.apache.asterix.metadata.declared.AqlMetadataProvider.
getConfiguredAdapterFactory(AqlMetadataProvider.java:990)

        at org.apache.asterix.metadata.declared.LoadableDataSource.
buildDatasourceScanRuntime(LoadableDataSource.java:141)

More about the log is in the attachment.

I think there is no problem about the syntax of query. Does anyone have
idea about this?

Thanks,

Mingda

Re: Load HDFS data to AsterixDB

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Indeed which was puzzling to me. However, that was not the problem because
we didn't even reach that point.

Cheers,
Abdullah.

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
You will have to cut some modules out of the build that depend on things
that only exist in Hadoop 2.x (asterix-yarn, maybe others), and as Abdullah
mentioned patch some other things that broadly should work on 1.x but have
API changes, but it should be possible. It is not as simple as changing the
dependency though.

Posted by mingda li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Mingda,

Posted by mingda li <li...@gmail.com>.
I just checked the hadoop version in

asterix-server-0.8.9-SNAPSHOT-binary-assembly/etc/asterixcc.xml

It says

<dependency>

        <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>

        <artifactId>hadoop-hdfs</artifactId>

        <version>2.2.0</version>

        <relativePath>hadoop-hdfs-2.2.0.jar</relativePath>

      </dependency>

So I may need to use 2.2 hadoop and hdfs.

Posted by mingda li <li...@gmail.com>.
@ Abdullah,

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Mingda,