Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by z-...@web.de on 2006/08/02 17:41:39 UTC

Portal, PDF rendering

Hello List,

I have a pipeline which produces PDFs. This pipeline should be only available for users in a particular role. The URICoplet with uri to this pipeline contains xml result tree from the fo2pdf serializer, where I would like to see a PDF viewer with the PDF file... I am new to cocoon portal (a week) and have no idea how to manage this. (cocoon 2.1.10-dev)

Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Wadim

--
This message was sent on behalf of z-cool@web.de at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/users@cocoon.apache.org/3284512.html

Re: Portal, PDF rendering

Posted by z-...@web.de.
Hi @all,

after reading [1] and re-reading my previous post, I tought it would be good idea to rewrite it a little bit in order to increase the chance to get a response.
The first page of cocoon portal doc [2] says "As the portal is integrated in Cocoon it has the advantage that all features of Cocoon can easily be used."
In [3] I've read about ProxyTransformer and CopletEventLinkTransformer and LinkService.
I still don't have enough information (or maybe I am missing the way to put bits and peaces of information together) in order to create a link to my PDF-producing pipeline, which is only valid for the current user/user-role?

Regards,
Wadim

[1] http://lifehacker.com/software/communication/geek-to-live-the-art-of-asking-191451.php

[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/portal/index.html