Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Murali Gunasekaran <Mu...@webMethods.com> on 2006/12/23 00:37:07 UTC

Eclipse plugin Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apa che/xmlbeans/XmlException

Hello,

I'm using XMLBeans as part of an Eclipse plugin project. I have already
created a schema and generated the XML types using scomp separately and am
using that JAR in my plugin to write the code.

There is no compilation error in the plugin and it builds fine, but when I
launch the runtime workbench to test the plugin, I get the
NoClassDefFoundError. I have tried the following:

1.	Adding the xbean.jar and jsr173_1.0_api.jar to the build path
2.	adding the extension org.eclipse.ant.core.extraClasspathEntries
3.	setting the java CLASSPATH variable with xbean.jar

But nothing seems to be working... Anyone know why this problem would occur?
Am I missing any required JAR at runtime that is somehow present during
development (compilation)? Anyone with Eclipse plugin development experience
encounter this?

Thanks a lot!

Murali

Murali Gunasekaran

Software Engineer

webMethods Inc.

703.460.6065

RE: Eclipse plugin Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlException