Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tim Morrow 2 <ti...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 18:14:20 UTC

Re: Configuring Continuum to authenticate with SCM

I have the same problem.  However I figured out my issue for now (see below).

Meanwhile might I suggest you take a look in
apps/continuum/logs/continuum.log and check for the specific nature of the
error and post it here.  It might reveal the core problem.

I had the same problem when omitting the username & password:
When I try to add a maven 2 project with
  https://host/svn/..../pom.xml
I get "The URL you provided doesn't exist" with this in the logs:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
https://svn.shopzilla.com/svn/ConsumerAcquisition/dev/bidding/trunk/keywordcost/pom.xml

When I tried
  https://username:password@host/svn/..../pom.xml
I get "The URL you provided doesn't exist"

But it turns out my password has an "@" in it, which confuses the URL
parser.  This was made clear by examining the log file.

I'm going to work on setting up a user with a simpler password.  Meanwhile,
is there any other sane way of specifying the username/password for an https
url for adding the project?  Or is there another mechanism for locating the
pom.xml (which is a multi-module project)?

Thanks,

Tim

Sent from the Continuum - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Configuring Continuum to authenticate with SCM

Posted by Tim Morrow 2 <ti...@gmail.com>.
Would one approach be to support the Maven "scm:" style URLs which seem to
delegate to the underlying SCM implementation to ensure authentication (and
certificate acceptance) have been performed?

Not that I'm volunteering... (yet).

Thanks for the response,

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
last I looked (6-8 months ago) it will take come changes not just in
continuum but in the scm code and down into plexus-formica as well...
some api changing/adding mostly.   it will get sorted out

anyone interested in tackling it I can point you in what I think is
the right direction

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell