Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/11/30 20:06:37 UTC

Need More Error Logs .. How to

I am trying to get SSL running on Tomcat 5.5.12 on XP. As I am playing around, trying different server.xml changes, I am trying to find some type of log to help assist me in what is not working. Anyway, it is a new Tomcat install, and under $TOMCAT_HOME/logs I see stderr, stdout and some localhost file. Problem is, I am not seeing any errors when trying to use the "https" protocol. A lot of threads describe errors from Tomcat with bad Keystores, or Passwords, but I am not seeing any "system" type errors.

Is there a way to turn-up Tomcats internal logging so I can see these types of logs, so I can try and get my ssl problem resolved? PS I have been tailing each of the log files available uneder logs, and there are no indicators of my problem.

Regards
Scott

Re: Need More Error Logs .. How to

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Afternoon Scott-

Following Matt Raibles how to implement SSL page at
http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ApacheSSL

in httpd.conf after all the SSL config statements you should see
ErrorLog logs/ssl.log
LogLevel info
# You can later change "info" to "warn" if everything is OK

HTH,
M-