Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by fudg3 <am...@trustpeers.com> on 2020/01/06 13:50:40 UTC

Mysql is empty

Hey, i am trying to turn the recording parameter on the fly as suggested in
this nabble message:

The thing is, when i connect to mysql on the server (creds from
guacamole.properties) all tables are empty.
I checked guacamole_connection_history, guacamole_connections (While having
an open connection, too)
and it always returns "Empty set" (on SELECT * from guacamole_connections
for example)

What is going on? Am i missing something?

Note: I am not using the off-the-shelf guacamole web client, i have my own
implementation of it (using the guacamole java library)
I dont know if it is related.

Thanks!

Re: Mysql is empty

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 07:38 fudg3 <am...@trustpeers.com> wrote:

> Oh, okay. Good to know!
> Is there any way to change recording state on/off while the session, not
> having an sql database?

Recording state is controlled through connection parameters. You control
recording state just as you would any other parameter like "hostname",
"port", etc.: you specify the relevant parameter(s) when connecting.

If you are looking to start/stop recording while the connection is in use,
no, there is no way to do this. You would have to reconnect to stop an
active recording or to start a new one.

- Mike

Re: Mysql is empty

Posted by fudg3 <am...@trustpeers.com>.
Oh, okay. Good to know!

Re: Mysql is empty

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 05:50 fudg3 <am...@trustpeers.com> wrote:

> Hey, i am trying to turn the recording parameter on the fly as suggested in
> this nabble message:

> The thing is, when i connect to mysql on the server (creds from
> guacamole.properties) all tables are empty.
> I checked guacamole_connection_history, guacamole_connections (While having
> an open connection, too)
> and it always returns "Empty set" (on SELECT * from guacamole_connections
> for example)
>
> What is going on? Am i missing something?
>
> Note: I am not using the off-the-shelf guacamole web client, i have my own
> implementation of it (using the guacamole java library)
> I dont know if it is related.

If you have written your own web application using guacamole-common and
guacamole-common-js, a MySQL database isn't going to be used for anything
unless your application does so.

The part of the Guacamole stack that uses MySQL, reads guacamole.properties
for MySQL credentials, etc. is the MySQL extension, which is loaded by the
extension subsystem of the mainline webapp. Nothing within the core
libraries depends on a database at all.

- Mike