Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "jleroux@apache.org" <jl...@apache.org> on 2022/01/15 13:45:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OFBiz 17.12 End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement

The Apache OFBiz Project Team would like to inform you that OFBiz 17.12.09
is the last release of the 17.12 branch, which has reached its end of life and
won’t be longer officially supported.

https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-17.12.09.html

This announcement takes place on 2022-01-15 and starting from today
we will only support Apache OFBiz 18.12.x in case of security
vulnerabilities.

Questions and Answers:

With the announcement of OFBiz 17.12.09 EOL, what happens to
OFBiz 17.12.09 resources?

All resources will stay where they are. The documentation will still
be accessible from the Apache OFBiz homepage [*], as well as the
downloads for all released OFBiz 17.12.xx versions. All of the OFBiz
17.12.09 source code can be found in the Apache OFBiz Git repository
under branch release17.12, now and in future. This concerns the
framework [**] and the plugins [***].

[*] [https://ofbiz.apache.org/]
[**] [https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework]
[***] [https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins]

Is there an immediate need to upgrade from OFBiz 17.12.09 in my projects?

If you are using a release between 17.12.01 and 17.12.08 you should immediately
upgrade to 17.12.09, because there are several Log4j vulnerabilities present in all
OFBiz releases before 17.12.09.
As today, there aren't known vulnerabilities affecting OFBiz 17.12.09;
however, considering that the 17.12.09 is the last release in this branch,
you should plan to migrate to the latest version of 18.12.x as soon as possible.

My friends / colleagues and I would like to see OFBiz 17.12.x being
maintained again. What can we do?

You may fork the existing source and support it on your own.

Kind regards
–
The Apache OFBiz Team