Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tim Kraska <ti...@web.de> on 2005/06/10 14:39:56 UTC

SummerOfCode2005: james-clustering

Hello,

you published a collection of possible projects for Google's Summer of Code. I am interested to hand in a proposal for james-clustering. If this project still available, how detailed should the proposal be? I have read some interesting ideas how to implement the clustering in the james-newsgroup and I also have some experience with distributed computing. But before writing a detailed description of how to implement such a clustering, would be interesting for me to discussed the architecture with the actual programmers. I would appreciate it if you could send me some detailed information (if available). Otherwise I would just be able to hand in an unspecialized version right now.
Thank you for your quick cooperation.

Kind regards
Tim Kraska

RE: SummerOfCode2005: james-clustering

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I am interested to hand in a proposal for james-clustering.  If this
> project still available, how detailed should the proposal be?

There are several people who have expressed interest in it.  Until we hear
from Google, we won't know what proposals were actually submitted.  Then
they will be evaluated, and will see how many we can get funded for JAMES
and other ASF projects.

> I would appreciate it if you could send me some detailed information

Please see the archives for the past month, as we've already discussed this
several times since the announcement.  :-)

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/james-server-dev

	--- Noel