Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2015/07/22 02:20:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 released

The Apache POI project is pleased to announce the release of POI 3.13-beta1.
Featured are a handful of new areas of functionality, and numerous bug fixes.

See the downloads page for binary and source distributions:
http://poi.apache.org/download.html

Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for
distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not
have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another mirror.
This also goes for Maven access.

Release Notes

Changes
------------
The most notable changes in this release are:

 * conditional formatting support for the common Color class
 * basic support for adding vba code to .xlsm (macro-enabled) workbooks
 * handling of more than 65536 rows in the FormularParser (#56328)
 * a few security related features for zip bombs (#50090/#56865) and log forging (#58040)
 * agile encryption is now working again - a regression since 3.11-final
 * various NPE fixes in XWPF, S/XSSF

A full list of changes is available in the change log: http://poi.apache.org/changes.html.

People interested should also follow the dev mailing list to track further progress.

Release Contents
----------------
This release comes in two forms:
 - pre-built binaries containing compiled versions of all Apache POI components and documentation
   (poi-bin-3.13-beta1-20150723.zip or poi-bin-3.13-beta1-20150723.tar.gz)
 - source archive you can build POI from
   (poi-src-3.13-beta1-20150723.zip or poi-src-3.13-beta1-20150723.tar.gz)

Unpack the archive and use the following command to build all POI components
with Apache Ant 1.6+ and JDK 1.6 or higher:

  ant jar

Pre-built versions of all POI components are also available in the central Maven repository
under Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version "3.13-beta1"

All release artifacts are accompanied by MD5 checksums and a PGP signatures
that you can use to verify the authenticity of your download.
The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/tags/REL_3_13_BETA1/KEYS

About Apache POI
-----------------------
Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
Visio, Publisher and Outlook. It supports both the older (OLE2) and
new (OOXML - Office Open XML) formats.

See http://poi.apache.org/ for more details

On behalf of the Apache POI PMC,
Andi

Re: extract texts from a textshape with bullets

Posted by teresa <te...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andi

Many thanks.

I downloaded the trunk branch (2015-09-03 version) and used ant to create
jar files.

Yes, it works for me - now using HSLFTextParagraph, I am able to output
texts with styles and bullets correctly.

Thanks
T.

extract texts from a textshape with bullets

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hello Teressa,

> What I like to do is to extract texts from a textshape and if a text is
> bullet style, I'd like to add a bullet with a proper nested indentation. For
> example, on slide 2 in the enclosed ppt file,

have a look at [1] ... is this was you are looking for?

As I've changed a few generics definitions tonight, the sample assumes that you are using the trunk.
There are quite a lot of empty lines, because of empty shapes, but I guess you can ignore/trim them in
your output.

Best wishes,
Andi

[1] http://pastebin.com/pAX8tzPU

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 released

Posted by teresa <te...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andi

Thanks for your email.

I enclose an example PPT file
6_contingency_tables.ppt
<http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719837/6_contingency_tables.ppt>

What I like to do is to extract texts from a textshape and if a text is
bullet style, I'd like to add a bullet with a proper nested indentation. For
example, on slide 2 in the enclosed ppt file,

I'd like to output two paragraphs as below:

contingency tables show frequencies produced by cross-classifying
observations
e.g., pottery described simultaneously according to vessel form & surface
decoration

However, using the following codes, I don't know how to get these two
paragraphs.

TextShape sh = slide.getShapes();
TextRun textrun = sh.getTextRun();
RichTextRun[] rt = textrun.getRichTextRuns();

for(int m = 0; m < rt.length; m++) {
   System.out.println("m:" + m +"," + rt[m].isBullet() + "," +
rt[m].getText() + "," + rt[m].getIndentLevel() + "," +
rt[m].getBulletChar());
}

Output is
m:0,true,contingency tables show frequencies produced by cross-classifying
observations,0,•
m:1,true,
m:2,true,e.g., pottery described ,0,•
m:3,true,simultaneously,0,•
m:4,true, according to vessel form & surface decoration,0,•

Could you advise me how to get bullet styles and paragraphs?

Thanks
T.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 released

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Teresa,

the new common_sl code was committed after I've pushed the 3.13 beta1 release,
so it's living only on the trunk for now.

> If a text is in one of styles (italics, bold, etc), then it gets splits and
> very difficult to put them together into a same bullet statement.
When a x/hslf slideshow is loaded, the textruns are taken from the input.
Usually the input keep the same styling for a run, but creates a new entry
for a new paragraph.
When a hslf slideshow is safed and the paragraph was modified, the run properties
are compared and the textruns are merged in case the properties match.

> With new <HSLFTextParagraph> class, I understand "isBullet()" method is no
> longer in "RichTextRun[]" which gives me a desire to test.
RichTextRun doesn't exist anymore and getBulletStyle() is probably what you are looking
for.

Feel free to send me test code / files and I'll have a look.
I can't promise you immediate response, as there are still some problems with the
integration build (gump).

Andi.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache POI 3.13-beta1 released

Posted by teresa <te...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

Is this new 3.13 available to download?
I have followed links mentioned in the email and downloaded binary/src
archives and tried to test new hslf's  HSLFTextParagraph class but got an
NoClassFoundError.

Then I unzipped poi-scratchpad-3.13-beta1-20150723.jar to see what's going
on, and cannot see the
HSLFTextParagraph class under org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel folder.

Do I need to wait for more time?

I hope this new release would solve my problem.

I am trying to extract texts from ppt slides and differently from XSLF,
"isBullet()" method is in "RichTextRun" class which seems to splits texts
into smaller groups (grouping texts which share same styles).

If a text is in one of styles (italics, bold, etc), then it gets splits and
very difficult to put them together into a same bullet statement.

With new <HSLFTextParagraph> class, I understand "isBullet()" method is no
longer in "RichTextRun[]" which gives me a desire to test.

Many thanks
T.