Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dmitri Smirnov <ds...@netflix.com> on 2010/11/08 20:21:58 UTC

Describe keyspace output

I have created a CF with the following:

create column family CFam with column_type = 'Super' and comparator =
'LongType' and subcomparator = 'UTF8Type' and comment = 'List of Tests
Super Family' and column_metadata=[{ column_name:cell,
validation_class:IntegerType}, { column_name:'created_by',
validation_class:UTF8Type },{ column_name:'creation_ts',
validation_class : LongType }, { column_name:'enabled', validation_class
: UTF8Type }, { column_name :'subcategory_id', validation_class :
LongType }, { column_name : 'update_ts', validation_class : LongType }]

  What is the meaning of  2 lines below:

- Subcolumns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType

- A long is exactly 8 bytes: 4
 > describe keyspace Kspace
Keyspace: Kspace:
   Replication Factor: 4
   Column Families:
     ColumnFamily: CFam (Super)
     "List of Tests Super Family"
       Columns sorted by:
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType/org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
       Subcolumns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.LongType
       Row cache size / save period: 0.0/0
       Key cache size / save period: 200000.0/3600
       Memtable thresholds: 1.1203125/239/60
       GC grace seconds: 864000
       Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
       Column Metadata: