Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by "Krishna, Murali(AWF)" <mu...@ebay.com> on 2016/01/27 07:54:41 UTC

query regarding logging in Knox

Hi Team,

Knox provides a facility to log actions per user request (across multiple events in gateway.log) and other internal Knox events.

I wanted to know whether is there any provision of logging an entire chain of requests (like from incoming request processing in Knox, corresponding authentications, forwarding it to the actual service, getting the response) in one single event.

I am looking for one event per service call to Knox, so it is would be easier ingest in Kafka.

Thanks,
Murali Krishna

Re: query regarding logging in Knox

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Murali -

The gateway-audit.log file should provide you with what you need.
You will notice that there is a correlation id within each audit entry that
traces the incoming request all the way through authentication, identity
assertio, authorization and ultimately dispatch to the backend service.

You will find that at {GATEWAY_HOME}/logs/gateway-audit.log

Hope that is helpful for you.

Thanks!

--larry