Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by WangRamon <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/06 10:32:56 UTC

Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?

Hi Guys Is there some 3rd party monitor tool that i can use to monitor the hadoop cluster, especially that i can get a notification/email when there is a job failed? Thanks for any suggestion. CheersRamon

Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
We can reopen it if we wish it to be fixed in 1.0.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for the heads-up ....

Looking at the JIRA, the gist is that with Hadoop 1.x, a badly configured
job (like with short retry interval and/or large number of retries) that
continuously fail (like a problematic web server or app) could potentially
block notifications of other jobs. Hence, is risky to use in general.

Hope Ramon will take this into account as well, if deciding to go down this
path.

Thanks
Hemanth

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Rajiv,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Rajiv,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Rajiv,

Posted by Rajiv Chittajallu <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Rajiv Chittajallu <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Rajiv Chittajallu <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Rajiv Chittajallu <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by WangRamon <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Julien It's interesting, thanks, we will have a look at it. CheersRamon

Posted by WangRamon <ra...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by WangRamon <ra...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by WangRamon <ra...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Muller <ju...@ezako.com>.