Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ju...@pivot.net on 2005/09/05 20:37:28 UTC

finding available repositories

Hello,

How can I find/list all repositories available on a given computer?

Thank you.

Re: finding available repositories

Posted by Ximon Eighteen <xi...@int.greenpeace.org>.
Vincent Starre wrote:
> well svn itself checks for a "format" file to determine if a given
> directory is a repository, so I'd say do the same: search for a file
> called "format" More complex than just that would filter out all the
> other files called "format", but there's a starting point.

I am doing exactly this in my nightly script that runs (as previously
recommended by a poster to this list, thanks!) svnadmin verify on all my
repositories. Of course my script knows there is a base directory under which
all repositories will exist (either as direct children or at some deeper
level) which makes things a little simpler.

The original poster didn't specify if the desire was to see the list of
repositories available from a remote machine or by running a command on the
server hosting the repositories. The latter has been answered, and I think the
former is impossible using a subversion server alone. For example TortoiseSVN
cannot determine the repositories (AFAIK) available at a URL but expects you
to give it the exact path... after that it can use svn ls to browse inside the
repository.

Re: finding available repositories

Posted by Vincent Starre <vs...@comcast.net>.